History of the Caribbean: A Captivating Guide to Caribbean History, Starting from Christopher Columbus through the Wars of Religion, Slavery, and Colonial Laws to the Present
- Autor: Captivating History
- Narrador: Jason Zenobia
- Editor: Captivating History
- Duración: 3:39:23
Almost everyone knows The Bahamas and Jamaica are in the Caribbean. But what do you really know about those countries?
The history of the Caribbean is an exciting ride, but few outside of the region know much about it in depth beyond Columbus’s discovery. This audiobook will lead you through the history of the region, which witnessed some of the world’s most important events. We will begin with Christopher Columbus’s accidental discovery and the race for control over the islands of the Caribbean.
The land grabs led to war and colonization, making this once-peaceful region a more violent place. In time, most of the Caribbean islands pushed back, declaring independence. But did that make things better for these island nations? Or is there still much work to be done?
If you are curious about learning the answers to these questions and more about the exciting history of this beautiful region, keep listening. This audiobook has a ton of interesting information, including:
What happened when Christopher Columbus discovered the Caribbean and the chain of events that happened afterward;
- The pirates who made their living in the Caribbean region and Central America
- How mainland Europe had an effect on the Caribbean colonies, with a closer look at the wars of religion, the American and French Revolutions, and the Napoleonic Wars
- What happened when Caribbean nations yearned to break free from their colonial powers to become independent
- The United States’ involvement in the Caribbean, including the Spanish-American War
- The dictatorships in some of the Caribbean nations that left behind brutality and financial ruin
- The struggles the Caribbean is facing today and what its future might look like
So, what are you waiting for? Scroll up and click the “add to cart” button to begin your journey of the Caribbean’s past today!
Opening CreditsDuración: 21s
Chapter 1 – Early History: Pre-Discovery and the Exploration of Christopher ColumbusDuración: 19min
Chapter 2 – Post-Columbus Era and the Rise of European NationsDuración: 38min
Chapter 3 – The European Wars of Religion and Their Effect on the CaribbeanDuración: 14min
Chapter 4 – Colonial Laws in the CaribbeanDuración: 18min
Chapter 5 – Revolutions in the CaribbeanDuración: 17min
Chapter 6 – The Caribbean in the 19th Century: War for Cuban Independence and the Spanish-American WarDuración: 15min
Chapter 7 – The Early 20th Century in the CaribbeanDuración: 19min
Chapter 8 – Dictatorships in the CaribbeanDuración: 26min
Chapter 9 – Cuba under Castro and Communism in the CaribbeanDuración: 24min
Chapter 10 – The Caribbean in the Late 20th Century to the Present DayDuración: 13min
Ending CreditsDuración: 31s