Ancient Mesopotamia: A Captivating Introduction to the Rise and Fall of Mesopotamian Civilizations and Empires
Did you know that the first early battery and diving apparatus were invented in ancient Mesopotamia?
The land between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers is called the “cradle of civilization,” and for good reason! Although Mesopotamia’s first civilization, Sumer, developed parallel with those of Egypt and nearby Elam, it was a place of many firsts for humanity. Some of them are well known, such as the wheel and the writing script. But it was the ancient Mesopotamians who first came up with the concept of time, the mathematical sexagesimal system, and a calendar with twelve months. It is all these inventions and ideas that set Mesopotamia apart from other civilizations that developed at approximately the same time.
There are so many interesting facts about the history and life of the people in Mesopotamia. By listening to this audiobook, you will find out:
- How agriculture and the domestication of animals led to the development of the world’s earliest civilization
- Who were the peoples that occupied the region of Mesopotamia and came up with epics such as Gilgamesh?
- Who was Sargon of Akkad, and how did he rise to power to unite the cities and form one of the world’s first empires?
- How the first cuneiform script was invented and how it changed over time to fit the many languages spoken in the Akkadian Empire
- Why a new local ruler was needed to found the Third Dynasty of Ur
- Who was Hammurabi, and why was he so important for the history of humankind?
- Why was Babylon obscured by Assyria?
- What role the Chaldeans played in the Assyrian Empire
- And so much more!
Scroll up and click the “add to cart” button today to learn more about this incredible time in history!
Opening CreditsDuración: 14s
Chapter 1 – A Land between the RiversDuración: 21min
Chapter 2 – Early SumerDuración: 41min
Chapter 3 – The Akkadian EmpireDuración: 26min
Chapter 4 – The Third Dynasty of UrDuración: 16min
Chapter 5 – The Old Babylonian EmpireDuración: 39min
Chapter 6 – The Rise of AssyriaDuración: 41min
Chapter 7 – Assyrian SupremacyDuración: 49min
Chapter 8 – The Neo-Babylonian EmpireDuración: 49min
Chapter 9 – The Social and Cultural Legacy of the Mesopotamian EmpiresDuración: 17min
Ending CreditsDuración: 21s