British Empire, The: A Captivating Guide to the Largest Empire in History and its Impact on the Age of Discovery, Transatlantic Slave Trade, the Americas, India, World War 1 and more
- Autor: Captivating History
- Narrador: Colin Fluxman
- Editor: Captivating History
- Duración: 3:20:41
For better or worse, the British Empire was the largest empire in human history. Find out how the British cultivated their empire and raised it to magnificent heights.
In the Age of Exploration, the British began building an enormous and highly profitable foreign empire. While the British Empire initially lagged behind other European powers such as Spain and Portugal, it still managed to colonize the New World and discover highly-lucrative trade routes.
British colonies could be found on virtually any continent. For decades, colonialism was painted as the duty of the more advanced European civilizations. However, a darker truth lurked under the surface. Find out how Britain invaded, colonized, and ruled almost a quarter of the world’s land mass.
This audiobook will guide you through the rise and the fall of the mighty British Empire, including:
- The Age of Exploration and how Britain expanded its empire
- British involvement in the slave trade
- The mystery behind the lost colony of Roanoke
- The English civil wars and their impact on the empire
- A brief look at the Thirteen Colonies and how they achieved independence
- A guide to Britain’s role in the Napoleonic Wars
- The impact of both world wars on the British empire
- The Suez Crisis and its aftermath
- Rising nationalist movements in the 20th century
- A comprehensive explanation of the fall of the British Empire
- And much, much more!
If you want to learn more about the British Empire, then scroll up and click the “add to cart” button!
Opening CreditsDuración: 22s
Chapter 1: Age of Discovery and the Origins of the British Empire (1490–1609 CE)Duración: 19min
Chapter 2: Early British Colonies (1606–1707 CE)Duración: 19min
Chapter 3: East India Company (1600–1770 CE)Duración: 20min
Chapter 4: Transatlantic Slave Trade (1562–1808 CE)Duración: 19min
Chapter 5: British America (1607–1783 CE)Duración: 19min
Chapter 6: The Napoleonic Wars (1803–1815 CE)Duración: 18min
Chapter 7: Pax Britannica or the Imperial Century (1815–1914 CE)Duración: 18min
Chapter 8: Impact of the World Wars (1914–1947 CE)Duración: 19min
Chapter 9: Suez Crisis and Aftermath (1888–1956 CE)Duración: 11min
Chapter 10: Decolonization and the End of the Empire (1945–1984 CE)Duración: 25min
Ending CreditsDuración: 31s