Braving The Wilderness by Brené Brown - Book Summary The Quest for True Belonging and The Courage to Stand Alone
"Braving The Wilderness" By Brené Brown : Book Summary
Braving The Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and The Courage to Stand Alone
By Brené Brown
What is true belonging, and do we have to change ourselves to experience it? These are the questions that Dr. Brené Brown strives to answer in Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone. This timely book is a reflection of the social and political realities of the world today, and a deeper look into the deep lonesomeness that is pulling us apart from each other.
Brené believes that being who we are is the best way to experience real belonging, but this often requires that we ‘brave the wilderness’ by standing out from others and refusing to compromise our natures to conform. Through a potent mix of storytelling, research, and personal reflections, Brené spins a narrative about the ways to change our cultural conversation to create true belonging. Within her work, Brené offers the clarity and courage we all need to find ourselves and each other again- if only we are willing to brave the wilderness.
Here’s What You’ll Learn About in This Summary:
- Why ‘true belonging’ means that you won’t be like anyone else.
- The importance of showing up for communal events.
- Why getting closer to people makes them harder to hate.
- The importance of maintaining a strong back and soft front
- How to use a powerful acronym, BRAVING, for finding more significant meaning in our lives.
Chapter 0Duración: 29min